Monday, February 13, 2012

Homemade Chicken Rice-A-Roni

1/4 lb. spaghetti, angel hair or vermicelli pasta
1 c. rice
3 chicken bullion cubes, crushed or 3 T. chicken stock base
1/2 t. salt
1/2 t. black pepper
1/4 t. Italian seasoning
1/4 t. paprika
4 T. butter
2 c. water

Break noodles into small pieces, combine with rice and set aside. In a bowl combine chicken bullion cubes or stock base. Stir in salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and paprika and water.

Melt butter in fry pan, place noodles and rice in pan. Cook until golden brown color (like you do normal Rice-A-Roni). When cooked to golden brown mix in water and seasonings. Bring to a boil and let simmer until rice is done.

**I felt like I needed more water towards the end. I just added it, brought to boil and checked it again...not sure if that was a fluke or what it was. You decide.

No comments: